This combo of Pork and Pineapples brings you and your grill right to Hawaii. Aloha!
Huckleberry Cinders recommends our organic Apple Wood or Hickory Wood chunks, chips or splits for use in your wood smoker or barbecue grill for this Hang-Ten Pork & Pineapple Kabob recipe.
1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
juice of 3 limes
3 T olive oil
3 T brown sugar
3 scallions, roughly chopped
2 1/2 lbs trimmed boned pork loin or butt, cut into 1 1/2" cubes
3 lbs fresh pineapple chunks
2 green peppers, sliced into 1" squares
12 to 20 cherry tomatoes
12 large scallions, trimmed
olive oil for brushing
1) In a large bowl, mix together pineapple juice, lime juice, olive oil and brown suger. Add the scallions and stir to mix. Add the pork, toss to coat, cover and refrigerate for 4 to 12 hours. Stir several times while marinating
2) Prepare grill. spray grill rack with vegetable oil spray to prevent sticking.
3) Thread the pork, pineapple chunks, peppers and cherry tomatoes on skewers.
4) Grill 12 to 15 minutes, turning kabobs several times until pork reaches at least 155 degrees F and pineapple is lightly charred.
5) Lay the scallions on the outer edges of the grill and brush lightly with olive oil. Grill for about 5 minutes turning with tongs until charred.
6) Remove skewers and serve kabobs with the scallions.